[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Does there exist a card for the Mac II for supporting multiple serial lines???

monching@cs.mcgill.ca (Patrick WONG) (01/16/91)

I wish to be able to have multiple lines connected to one computer. Does
there exist any product which would allow me to do something of this sort?
It would be for a Mac IIfx or Mac IIx.

thanks,

patrick
--
patrick wong                   | McGill University
monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca   | School of Computer Science

merlyn@digibd.com (Brian Westley (Merlyn LeRoy)) (01/23/91)

monching@cs.mcgill.ca (Patrick WONG) writes:
>I wish to be able to have multiple lines connected to one computer. Does
>there exist any product which would allow me to do something of this sort?
>It would be for a Mac IIfx or Mac IIx.
>patrick wong                   | McGill University

DigiBoard is (finally) shipping the Mac OS version for our Nu/Xi board,
which is a 4- or 8-serial port board that plugs into the Nubus.  We
support the Comm Toolbox, System 6.0.x & System 7.0, and A/UX 2.0 (but
not Mac OS *under* A/UX, yet).  Top baud rates are 115200 baud, and
it can sustain 8 ports at 38400 baud going full speed.  It also has all
the RS-232 control lines (CTS,DTR,RTS,DSR,DCD) which operate normally
under A/UX and can be configured or programmed under Mac OS (e.g. you can
force hardware handshaking on using RTS/CTS and map DCD to DTR).  The A/UX
driver has modem control and Berkeley dial-in/dial-out support so you can
use one modem in both directions without changing inittab or your run level.

For more info:
DigiBoard, Inc
6751 Oxford St.
St. Louis Park, MN  55426
(612) 922-8055

I wrote both drivers, so if you have technical questions, just send me
e-mail.  merlyn@digibd.com,  uunet!digibd!merlyn

---
Merlyn LeRoy

long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com (Rich Long) (01/24/91)

>monching@cs.mcgill.ca (Patrick WONG) writes:
>>I wish to be able to have multiple lines connected to one computer. Does

 Applied Engineering makes a 4-port serial card for the Nubus. It seems to
 cost about $150-200 mail-order. Contact information:

 PO Box 5100
 Carrollton, TX 75011
 (214) 241-6060

Richard C. Long  *  long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com