[comp.sys.mac.hardware] MacII Color Monitor

fsbui@csduts1.lerc.nasa.gov (Trong Bui) (01/24/91)

Hello,

The trusty Apple MacII hi res monitor that I am working with is exhibiting
some slight distortions on the display... The left edge of the display area
is bowing in slightly in the center, and the top edge is pinning up at the
upper left corner.  The right and bottom edges are perfectly straight.
While I can live with these distortions, I do miss the good old days when
every edge of the display area was nice and straight.

Is there a software or hardware solution to this problem (aside from the Apple
Authorized Service Centers)? I've tried tweaking the adjustment screws in the
back of the monitor with no apparent success.  Any hint (email or postings)
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Trong (216)433-8640 | fsbui@csduts1.lerc.nasa.gov

In article <1991Jan24.021756.25831@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> fsbui@csduts1.UUCP (Trong Bui) writes:
>Hello,
>
>The trusty Apple MacII hi res monitor that I am working with is exhibiting
>some slight distortions on the display...
>Is there a software or hardware solution to this problem (aside from the Apple
>Authorized Service Centers)? I've tried tweaking the adjustment screws in the
>back of the monitor with no apparent success.  Any hint (email or postings)
>would be greatly appreciated.

Find the big magnet someone placed above and to the left of your monitor.
Move it elsewhere.