[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Any Macintosh/ti Micro

Tom.Witte@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Tom Witte) (01/26/91)

> From: bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral)
> Date: 24 Jan 91 21:57:04 GMT
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware,comp.periphs.printers
>

> Are there known incompatibilties between the PostScript TI microlaser
> printer and any Macintosh applications?
>
> --
> Paul DuBois
> dubois@primate.wisc.edu
>
> --- VPurge [DOS] V4.07
>  * Origin: blkcat.fidonet.org - Usenet<->Fidonet Gateway (1:109/40)

Paul, I have a MicroLaser PS 17. It would not print HyperCard Stacks
when "High Quality format' was selected. Upgrading memor to 2.5 meg dis
not cure it. (which was TI help desk first suggestion) my second call to
ti's help desk  had the helper respond to my "postscript error" with you
need new PS board (I had v2.517) shen sent me a new board (2 chips on 4
in square board) to replace old board ( 4x11 /6 chip & two empty slots)
for free. It fixed problem.  I heard rumors other had Post script
problems with early boards. The error I was getting was Post scrip
error: offending command ; immage mask"  this would cause a time out and
the print monitor would show something like "time out error"  tom

--

        Tom Witte, Tom.Witte@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org
      via The Black Cat's Shack's FidoNet<->Usenet Gateway