[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Sources for SyQuest Drive

aoki@husc9.harvard.edu (Edwin Aoki) (01/27/91)

In article <1991Jan25.203306.15311@en.ecn.purdue.edu> lerman@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Steven P Lerman) writes:
>After reading the review of SyQuest drives in MacUser (2/91), I called
>MacProducts to order their Magic 45.  Unfortunately, this review has
>generated so much business, that they have a four week backlog.  So,
>does anyone have a good source (read: CHEAP) for the FWB Hammerdisk44 or
>one of the equally well touted units?  I'm looking in the same price range
>as the Magic45 (approx. $570 incl. cartridge).
>
>Steven Lerman
>e-mail: lerman@ecn.purdue.edu

DPI also has Syquest drives at $570 including cartridge, low-level formatting
software, and cable.  Additional cartridges are $70, and people seem
to say good things about them.  They have an 800 number which I don't have on
me right now; call 800 directory assistance.  Really good products; relaly
good prices; I ordered mine yesterday....

-Edwin Aoki

P.S.: THEY'RE IN STOCK!!!!! :)