[comp.sys.mac.hardware] SE performance with a FPD

stearns@socrates.ucsf.edu (Tim Stearns) (01/26/91)

I am considering the purchase of a full page monitor for my SE, and
have a question for anyone who has such a set-up:

How much is the performance of the SE affected by addition of a full
page monitor?

I should add that I use my computer mostly for word processing and
simple graphics and the SE has been sufficiently fast - so far (:->.

Tim Stearns
stearns@socrates.ucsf.edu

djbailey@skyler.mavd.honeywell.com (01/28/91)

In article <stearns.664819961@socrates.ucsf.edu>, stearns@socrates.ucsf.edu (Tim Stearns) writes:

> I am considering the purchase of a full page monitor for my SE, and
> have a question for anyone who has such a set-up:
>
> How much is the performance of the SE affected by addition of a full
> page monitor?
>
> I should add that I use my computer mostly for word processing and
> simple graphics and the SE has been sufficiently fast - so far (:->.
>
> Tim Stearns
> stearns@socrates.ucsf.edu

I have an SE and a Radius full page display. It is noticably slow but
quite usable. When Word wraps a line, the display is about 2 seconds
behind my typing and then catches up.  I am using Adobe Type Manager
which may contribute to that delay.  If you are getting this for
business, an accelerator is worthwhile.