[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Two Appletalk Boxes Or One Cable?

pmbergland@violet.uwaterloo.ca (Per Bergland) (01/23/91)

I posted this question before, but I didn't get an answer, so I repeat it:

If you have an AppleTalk zone with only two nodes (computer & laserprinter),
can you skip the AppleTalk $50 boxes and go directly from AppleTalk output
on the computer to AppleTalk i/o on the printer, or do you screw up
any impedances or other technicalities?
If it works, will an Imagewriter cable do?

I heard that there's supposed to be a serial Laserwriter driver.
Could someone send it to me so that I can use the serial port as such
and skip the AppleTalk boxes if the above solution doesn't work.

Thanx,
Per
--

Randy.Shaw@p1.f555.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Randy Shaw) (01/28/91)

> From: pmbergland@violet.uwaterloo.ca (Per Bergland)
> Date: 22 Jan 91 17:48:01 GMT
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware
>
> I posted this question before, but I didn't get an answer, so I repeat it:
>
> If you have an AppleTalk zone with only two nodes (computer &
laserprinter),
> can you skip the AppleTalk $50 boxes and go directly from AppleTalk output
> on the computer to AppleTalk i/o on the printer...?

Yes.

> If it works, will an Imagewriter cable do?

Yes.

--
Randy Shaw - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!fidogate!161!555.1!Randy.Shaw