[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Info on SCSI disk 4 mac needed.

dgalekov@encore.com (Dale Galekovic) (01/30/91)

I'm trying to locate information on using larger SCSI disks on Macs. I'm
talking about drives like CDC's Wren type disks (150,300,600 ... 1.2G) in
size. I would like to know if there's formaters and diagnostic software
either free or commercially available. I have a large supply of the CDC
disks and would like to utilize their speed and size.

Dale Galekovic
Encore Computer Corp.

email ---> dgalekovic@encore.com

In article <130583@puff.encore.com> dgalekov@encore.com (Dale Galekovic) writes:
>I'm trying to locate information on using larger SCSI disks on Macs. I'm
>talking about drives like CDC's Wren type disks (150,300,600 ... 1.2G) in
>size. I would like to know if there's formaters and diagnostic software
>either free or commercially available. I have a large supply of the CDC
>disks and would like to utilize their speed and size.

If you have the SCSI ones, SilverLining (commercial) will format them, as will
Apple's HD SC Setup if you hack it up a bit.