[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Request for NuBus development info

watt@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Gill Watt) (01/25/91)

howdy,

I am about to embark on a design of a Mac NuBus board and am
interested in getting my hands on all of the documentation
and tools that I can.

At the moment, I have the following:

  Inside Mac Vol. I-V
  Designing Cards and Drivers for the Mac Family (2nd ed.)
  Think C Mac Programming Primer (Vol. I & II)
  Think C

If you know of anything that might help me a little, please
let me know.  I want to get it to work on the first try.

Thanks in advance,

-Gill

Gill Watt (watt@eleazar.dartmouth.edu)
Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH  03755

teener@apple.com (Michael Teener) (01/26/91)

In article <1991Jan25.004048.12754@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>
watt@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Gill Watt) writes:
> If you know of anything that might help me a little, please
> let me know.  I want to get it to work on the first try.

Just to be on the safe side, you might want to get a copy of the proposed
NuBus '90 specification.  It has better mechanical and electrical specs
than the existing documents from either Apple or the IEEE.  Call the IEEE
Computer Society Press at 800-272-6657 and ask for the "P1196/D1.3 NuBus
'90 draft specification".  If you are an IEEE member it is $20, otherwise
it is $25.  Usually they can ship it the same day.

Good luck.

---- Michael Teener -- 408-974-3521 ---------------------------------+
---- Chair, P1196 NuBus and P1394 SerialBus working Groups           |
---- Internet teener@apple.com, AppleLink TEENER                     |
---- Apple may know my opinions, but *I* am responsible for them     |
Transportation by Cheetah N9900U, a loyal beast for the past 7.5 years.

dlugose@uncecs.edu (Dan Dlugose) (01/31/91)

More NuBus info in:
   BYTE Dec. 88, "How the Macintosh II NuBus Works", pp. 39-51 in
Mac supplement.; also some debugging code.  Says "Some of the
information is not in the manuals."
--
Dan Dlugose
Internet: dlugose@uncecs.edu