[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Nubus adapter for IIsi

feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a feinberg) (01/30/91)

I just ordered a Mac IIsi, and was told that the Nubus adapter card is not yet
available.  Does anybody know when it will be out?

John Feinberg
feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu

gil@daffy.gatech.edu (Gil Neiger) (01/30/91)

In article <56786@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu
(john a feinberg) writes:
>I just ordered a Mac IIsi, and was told that the Nubus adapter card is not yet
>available.  Does anybody know when it will be out?
>
>John Feinberg
>feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu

The NuBus adaptor card IS available now.  I got one in my IIsi last month.

					- Gil Neiger
					gil@cc.gatech.edu

gd1a+@andrew.cmu.edu (Glen M. Devries) (01/31/91)

I know that the adaptor is available as I have one in the computer I am
at now. It is going for $180 at the Carnegie Mellon campus computer
store.

                                        -Glen

root@mmug.edgar.mn.org (Tony Austinson) (01/31/91)

In article <56786@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> john a feinberg
(feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu) writes:

 JAF> I just ordered a Mac IIsi, and was told that the Nubus
 JAF> adapter card is not yet available.  Does anybody know
 JAF> when it will be out?

      You've been told wrong. I ordered a IIsi last November from a dealer
and had them install the NuBus adapter card when I picked up the system.

      I haven't run into any incompatibility problems with the
IIsi outfitted with the NuBus+FPU adapter card; meanwhile,
a few folks who didn't spring for either one of the adapter
cards are running into incompatibilities as some of the
programs are expecting a FPU.

--
              Tony Austinson - via Minnesota Macintosh Users Group BBS
                     UUCP: ...uunet!tcnet!kksys!edgar!mmug!root

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (02/01/91)

In article <56786@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a feinberg) writes:
> I just ordered a Mac IIsi, and was told that the Nubus adapter card is not yet
> available.  Does anybody know when it will be out?

Must be one of yer basic crummy Apple dealers.  I purchased my IIsi Nubus
adapter with my computer the first week that the IIsi was available, back
in November or early December.  Sometimes Apple dealers tell people stories
because they have no idea what you are asking about.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                 ...uunet!rosevax!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john