[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Can I use IBM PROPRINTER with SE?

john@farside.twinsun.com (John Min) (01/31/91)

	I have a friend who wants to use MAC SE with
	IBM Proprinter X24 with Centronics interface.

	Does anyone know if this is possible?

	John

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan30.185730.9042@twinsun.com> john@farside.twinsun.com (John Min) writes:
> I have a friend who wants to use MAC SE with
> IBM Proprinter X24 with Centronics interface.

> Does anyone know if this is possible?

Check out "Freedom Of The Press, Light".  It claims to support that
printer model.  You might also want to call the people that make
MacPrint.  I have the laser printer version, but I think that they
also have a parallel printer version.

BTW, I have a friend that has a "Grappler".  He has been displeased
with it because they did not have a chooser level driver (at least
they didn't at that time).

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                 ...uunet!rosevax!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john