[comp.sys.mac.hardware] 2 Megs SIMMs from MacZone

amanda@visix.com (Amanda Walker) (02/03/91)

In article <3967@orbit.cts.com>, granteri@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Grant Erickson)
writes:
> The offer was 4 * 2 Meg SIMMs
> for $173. Does anyone know about how safe these are to run in the IIsi (that
> is what the ad was targeting), any problems the front/back soldering might
> cause, and any other general cautions? Thanks.

They should be safe, but the ad was a misprint.

The price is $173 *PER SIMM*, not for the set of four.  I know, 'cause
I called them the day I got the MacWeek with the ad in it.  I then
berated them at length for not proofreading their advertising.

Unfortunately, the ad does include a notice that prices are subject
to change without notice, or I would have considered complaining
directly to MacWeek.

I ended up paying $175.80 for a 4MB upgrade instead.  Sigh.

--
Amanda Walker
Visix Software Inc.