[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Thin white line.

mauser@cscwam.umd.edu (Rich Chandler) (02/07/91)

My BBS machine, a Plus (beige) finally blew a component on the Power supply.
the Machine still runs, Boots, etc, however, video is reduced to a thin
vertical line in the middle of the screen.  What blew, and can I replace it
myself?  (I am competent enough to replace components, I just can't "read"
circuit boards to figure our which capacitor has leaked).

--
"It takes three to limbo, and one of them has to go down."
"That which does not kill me had better be able to run damn fast."

ckoch@soul.UUCP (Chriss Koch) (02/12/91)

In article <1991Feb7.145404.5642@wam.umd.edu>, mauser@cscwam.umd.edu (Rich Chandler) writes:

> My BBS machine, a Plus (beige) finally blew a component on the Power supply.
> the Machine still runs, Boots, etc, however, video is reduced to a thin
> vertical line in the middle of the screen.  What blew, and can I replace it
> myself?  (I am competent enough to replace components, I just can't "read"
> circuit boards to figure our which capacitor has leaked).

Take a close look at C1 on the power supply.

Chriss Koch      Ampex Video Systems Corp., 725 Wooten Rd., Colo Spgs, CO 80915
UUCP:  uunet!ampex!soul!ckoch                 SCORPION BBS 719.637.1458 (sysop)