[comp.sys.mac.hardware] LaserWriter SC Shared use - is it possible?

kallio@tukki.jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio) (01/31/91)

Is it possible to print on a LaserWriter SC from other Mac in the net?
We have in one house a net with two Macintoshes :-) and one LWSC.
The upgrade from LWSC to LWNT is very expensive (same price as Personal
LaserWriter SC), so it would be nice to share same LWSC.

Please reply directly to me:   kallio@jyu.fi

--
Seppo Kallio              kallio@tukki.jyu.fi      phone +358 41 603606
University of Jyvaskyla   kallio@finjyu.bitnet     telefax +358 41 603611

mccannk@wharton.upenn.edu (Kim McCann-Roller/898-0935) (02/10/91)

In article <1991Jan31.122524.28053@tukki.jyu.fi>, kallio@tukki.jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio) writes:
> Is it possible to print on a LaserWriter SC from other Mac in the net?
> We have in one house a net with two Macintoshes :-) and one LWSC.
> The upgrade from LWSC to LWNT is very expensive (same price as Personal
> LaserWriter SC), so it would be nice to share same LWSC.
>
> Please reply directly to me:   kallio@jyu.fi

Would you please either e-mail me the responses or post the answers? I
was ready to post the same question myself.

Thanks,

Kim McCann-Roller                           (215)898-0935
Wharton Graduate Admin                      mccannk@wharton.upenn.edu
University of Pennsylvania

boomer@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Rich Akerboom) (02/13/91)

In <1991Feb9.154100.1@wharton.upenn.edu> mccannk@wharton.upenn.edu (Kim McCann-Roller/898-0935) writes:

>In article <1991Jan31.122524.28053@tukki.jyu.fi>, kallio@tukki.jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio) writes:
>> Is it possible to print on a LaserWriter SC from other Mac in the net?
[... stuff deleted...]
[... send me info too response deleted...]

You should check out "PrinterShare" by computer reflections, waterloo ontario
canada (phone 519-725-4081). We just ordered a copy to work with our GCC PLP
IIs that is en-route. It claims to work with LW IISC too. As I understand it,
if the printer doesn't have any RAM of its own, then the machine spooling to
the printer will lock up for 15 seconds or so for each page since the down-
load needs to happen before the paper moves too far. call for more info.
write me next week if you want to hear how its going.

rich