[comp.sys.mac.hardware] comp.sys.mac.apps

gpay@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Geoffrey Pay) (02/09/91)

From: gpay@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Geoffrey Pay)
Newsgroups: mac.comp.printers
Subject: ATM Type I fonts
Expires:

I just downloaded a Type I font called Uppwest.  I tried using it with
v1.01 ATM and I couldn't get it to work--it came out on the screen and
the printer as bitmaps.  The creator says it's a Type I font and ATM-
compatible yet I've tried everything and it still won't work.  The
problem isn't with the installation, I have many other type I fonts and
they seem to work fine.  Any suggestions?

david_islander_hughes@cup.portal.com (02/11/91)

did you d/l BOTH screen and laserwriter font itself?
ATM won't work without the laserfont for "hint" info
Hi from sunny Saipan

esvoboda@cup.portal.com (Edward J Svoboda) (02/13/91)

I know that ATM v1.01 does not support Bitstream fonts while ATM v1.2 does,
if they are indeed Type 1 (Bitstream Type A).  Contact Adobe Systems
at 415-961-0911 (technical support) for more information.

Ed Svoboda
(Adobe Technical Support)