[comp.sys.mac.hardware] MacII power switch

moynihan@trwind.UUCP (Bill Moynihan) (02/13/91)

Since I just recently began reading this news group I don`t know
if this problem has been posted before.

Anyone experience the inability to start their MacII with either
the keyboard or rear panel power switch? If so what was your
solution, short of sending out for repair.

Please e-mail responses to moynihan@trwind.trw.com.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

In article <19312@trwind.UUCP> moynihan@trwind.UUCP (Bill Moynihan) writes:
>Since I just recently began reading this news group I don`t know
>if this problem has been posted before.
>
>Anyone experience the inability to start their MacII with either
>the keyboard or rear panel power switch? If so what was your
>solution, short of sending out for repair.

Replace the battery.  I've been told you can 'jump-start' the mac by connecting
a 6 volt lantern battery and hitting the switch.  The Mac should tend to
continue to work for a while because there is a big capacitor on the battery
daughterboard (in newer/repaired boards-- old boards don't have it)