[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Printer, Portable, Mac

Rick_McCormack@mindlink.UUCP (Rick McCormack) (02/13/91)

In an article, Anthony Tieu <atieu@skat.usc.edu> writes:

>I have a Macintosh portable and wants to get a printer to go with
>it. Something light, so I can carry easily to different offices.
>Is there a portable mac printer? What is the lightest printer
>for the mac with letter, laser, or thermal ink jet quality? Any
>suggestions or ideas?
>Thanks in advance.
  Kodak (Diconix) recently introduced and/or upgraded their battery operated
portable inkjet printers for the Mac.  They demo'ed a color portable, which is
now available thru dealers.  Panasonic also offers at least 2 models that are
portable: the model number is, I think, 300 or a 360.

I saw a recent rumor in Canada that Toshiba has a brand new portable ready to
go - with very high quality output.  Sorry, no details at this time -- just the
rumor, but check Toshiba out.

| Rick McCormack |  IMAGISTICS BUSINESS THEATRE TECHNOLOGY    |
| Vancouver,  BC |  Information transfer - with a purpose.    |
|     CANADA     |  ________________________________________  |
|  AOL:  Rique   |  INTERACTIVE  COMPREHENSIVE  ENLIGHTENING  |
|________________|____________________________________________|

atieu@skat.usc.edu (Anthony Tieu) (02/14/91)

I have a Macintosh portable and wants to get a printer to go with
it. Something light, so I can carry easily to different offices.
Is there a portable mac printer? What is the lightest printer
for the mac with letter, laser, or thermal ink jet quality? Any
suggestions or ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Anthony

campus: University of Southern California  |     "Black Velvet"
        Alumni House                       |           --Alannah Myles