[comp.sys.mac.hardware] expansion box for the IIsi?

bh11+@andrew.cmu.edu (Braddock John Hathaway) (02/13/91)

Hi!

I've fallen out of touch with this bboard since coming back from winter
break, so I'd like to apologize in advance if this has been discussed
already ...

When the Mac IIsi came out, I heard rumors that there were going to be
expansion boxes available that would allow the use of >1 NuBus card with
the machine.  Has there been any progress made in this area?  If so, will
the box work directly from the '030 direct slot, or will the purchase of
the apple NuBus adapter be required?  If it works from the '030 direct
slot, could the same box work off of the '020 direct slot of the Mac LC?

If I seem confused in any of my questions, please correct me.  Preferably
by email (bh11@andrew.cmu.edu).

Thanks in advance,

Brad

-------------- potentially long .sig file ahead -------------
It really makes me wonder when I see companies advertisizing for "computer
software engineers with a minimum of eight years of macintosh experience."
I think that the only ones who fill that requirement are the original mac
development team and Bill Atkinson.

Brad Hathaway
work phone: (412) 268-8454
email:bh11@andrew.cmu.edu

mrn@eplunix.UUCP (Mark R. Nilsen) (02/13/91)

in article <kbi3jFC00UhBQ245pD@andrew.cmu.edu>, bh11+@andrew.cmu.edu (Braddock John Hathaway) says:

> When the Mac IIsi came out, I heard rumors that there were going to be
> expansion boxes available that would allow the use of >1 NuBus card with
> the machine.  Has there been any progress made in this area?  If so, will

The company is called Second Wave.

		(512) 343-9661.

--Mark.

crocker@motcid.UUCP (Ronald T. Crocker) (02/14/91)

In article <1032@eplunix.UUCP> mrn@eplunix.UUCP (Mark R. Nilsen) writes:
>The company is called Second Wave.
>		(512) 343-9661.
>--Mark.

Do we have any more information than this?  Cost, size, etc...

Thanks!

--
Ron Crocker
Motorola Radio-Telephone Systems Group, Cellular Infrastructure Group

mrn@eplunix.UUCP (Mark R. Nilsen) (02/15/91)

in article <4674@berry19.UUCP>, crocker@motcid.UUCP (Ronald T. Crocker) says:

> In article <1032@eplunix.UUCP> mrn@eplunix.UUCP (Mark R. Nilsen) writes:
>>The company is called Second Wave.
>>		(512) 343-9661.
>>--Mark.
>
> Do we have any more information than this?  Cost, size, etc...
>
> Thanks!

Mac SE/30	4 NuBus	1,295    (yes NuBus)
Mac SE/30	8 NuBus 2,295

Mac II		4 NuBus 1,295
Mac II		8 NuBus 2,295

This list is from MacWEEK 26 September 1989.
They also have stuff for SE.  But NOT SE->NuBus.

I hope this is enough info to get you started.  These boxes have
there own power supply and enough space for some SCSI.

--Mark.