[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Mouse repair/replacement

pas1@unhd.unh.edu (Paul A Simoneau) (02/20/91)

Hi all,

    Someone posted an article about a week ago about replaing faulty
mac mice.  They mentioned that if the mouse's serial number started
with AP, then it could be replaced for free by a dealer.
    I have the same problem with my mouse and its serial number does start
with AP. My local dealer says he never heard of this replacement arrangement.
Can someone please help me ?

Thanx in advance.
Paul A. Simoneau          | "Well, this one goes to eleven."
pas1@unhd.unh.edu         |         - Nigel Tuffnel, Spinal Tap
Phi Kappa Sigma brother, CS major, guitarist-at-large, Monty Python addict.

suarez@delphinus.as.arizona.edu (Jose Suarez) (02/21/91)

In article <1991Feb19.212741.8046@unhd.unh.edu> pas1@unhd.unh.edu (Paul A Simoneau) writes:

> They mentioned that if the mouse's serial number started
>with AP, then it could be replaced for free by a dealer.
>    I have the same problem with my mouse and its serial number does start
>with AP. My local dealer says he never heard of this replacement arrangement.

I called Apple's service number (or whatever they call it) -> (800) 776-2333
today.  I asked about that posting, where someone said mice that began with
AP in the serial number would be replaced for free at an Apple dealer.
I called because my local dealers also said they hadn't heard of such an exchange policy.

The word I got from Apple is that they are aware of the problem, and are still
"researching" it.  As of now, there is no replacement policy, and there may
never be (but then again, there might).  If the mouse is still under warranty,
any Apple dealer will replace it -- just make sure it's not of serial number
AP....

-- Jose

The wo
--