[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Leave the Mac on?

aslakson@cs.umn.edu (Brian Aslakson) (02/23/91)

DBG@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU writes:
>I leave my Macs on all the time unless I know a power outage is
>scheduled (an unsupervised restart destroyed my Jasmine 80 when
>head stiction stalled the disk rotation, and heat buildup over
>several days baked the disk into oblivion). I do power off my

So does this mean that if you had powered your Mac down, your Jasmine
would be alive today?  This is a real concern for me, as the building
the Macs I care for are in is poorly designed and built and the auto-
switching power promised was never installed.

--
Brian Aslakson

aslakson@cs.umn.edu
mac-admin@cs.umn.edu  <-= Macintosh related