[comp.sys.mac.hardware] MAC IIsi memory

burdett@milton.u.washington.edu (Michael Burdett) (02/23/91)

I need to upgrade a Mac II si from 5mb to 9mb,  when I replace the 1mb simms with 2mb simms can I use the 1 mb simms in a SE/30?  How about a plus?

Thanks for any help I can get.

feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a feinberg) (02/23/91)

In article <17029@milton.u.washington.edu> burdett@milton.u.washington.edu (Michael Burdett) writes:
>I need to upgrade a Mac II si from 5mb to 9mb,  when I replace the 1mb simms with 2mb simms can I use the 1 mb simms in a SE/30?  How about a plus?
>
>Thanks for any help I can get.

You can use the SIMMs in any mac that will take them (Plus, SE, II, IIx, IIcx,
SE/30, IIci, LC, and the Classic).  But not the IIfx.

John Feinberg
SUNY Buffalo

ps you might want to consider just getting 4meg SIMMs; they're quite a bit
cheaper than double the price of 2meg SIMMs, and then, you won't ever have to
worry about upgrading the IIsi's memory again!

awessels@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Allen Wessels) (02/25/91)

In article <61411@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a feinberg) writes:

>ps you might want to consider just getting 4meg SIMMs; they're quite a bit
>cheaper than double the price of 2meg SIMMs, and then, you won't ever have to
>worry about upgrading the IIsi's memory again!

You forgot about 16 meg SIMMs.  System 7 will let you run that si with 65 meg of
RAM.