[comp.sys.mac.hardware] power cords

mspurgeo@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Mike Spurgeon) (02/22/91)

I was at my local dealer's today, and something came up that he
didn't have an answer for.

Why are all Mac LC's being shipped with _2_ power cords?

Anybody out there have any idea?

E-mail please.

Mike Spurgeon
P.O. Box 1
Athens OH 45701
Internet:  mspurgeo@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu

tchi@sal-sun9.usc.edu (The Answer Company) (02/22/91)

In article <2979@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU>, mspurgeo@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Mike Spurgeon) writes:
|> I was at my local dealer's today, and something came up that he
|> didn't have an answer for.
|>
|> Why are all Mac LC's being shipped with _2_ power cords?
|>
|> Anybody out there have any idea?
|>
|> E-mail please.
|>
|> Mike Spurgeon
|> P.O. Box 1
|> Athens OH 45701
|> Internet:  mspurgeo@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu

When I worked at the ASUCLA Computer Store at UCLA, Apple shipped LaserWriters without power cords.  Instead there was a note listing specifications of the power cord that the customer, after spending like $4500 for a LW IINTX, needed to buy on their own.  Maybe Apple found these "lost" cords and decided to get rid of them?  Heh heh.

Tony Chi
tchi@usc.edu

How should I know, I just work here...

djb@mailer.cc.fsu.edu (David Brightbill) (02/27/91)

In article <2979@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU> mspurgeo@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Mike Spurgeon) writes:
>I was at my local dealer's today, and something came up that he
>didn't have an answer for.
>
>Why are all Mac LC's being shipped with _2_ power cords?
>
>Anybody out there have any idea?
>
>E-mail please.
>
>Mike Spurgeon
>P.O. Box 1
>Athens OH 45701
>Internet:  mspurgeo@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu

I asked this question to one of the LC team members in the Apple booth
at MacWorld Expo last month.  I managed to "stump the band."  They
made a phone call and came back with an answer.  The second cord is
supplied to support the 13" monitor which comes with the special cord
for the II series.

David