[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Minimum configuration IIsi

alanlb@csgrad.cs.vt.edu (02/28/91)

Is it possible to buy a IIsi in a configuration other than 2/40 and
5/80?  I would like to buy one and upgrade it myself to, say, 9/120
or something like that.

strange@sprite.berkeley.edu (Steve Strange) (02/28/91)

In article <993@creatures.cs.vt.edu> alanlb@csgrad.cs.vt.edu (Alan L. Batongbacal) writes:
>Is it possible to buy a IIsi in a configuration other than 2/40 and
>5/80?  I would like to buy one and upgrade it myself to, say, 9/120
>or something like that.

From what I understand, these are the only configurations.  Best bet
is to buy the 2/40 and upgrade.  I did this, and put the 40 meg drive
in a friend's dual-floppy SE after upgrading to a Quantum 105.  I
would guess Apple will not sell a IIsi w/o a hard disk because it
wants to make the drive sale, and because it would be silly to have a
IIsi w/o a hard drive.

	Steve
	UC Berkeley