[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Monitor hookups for LC or IIsi?

bhuttam@woods.ulowell.edu (Muhammad Bilal A. Bhutta aka The Nukeman) (03/01/91)

Hi netters,
    Is there any way to connect an Apple IIGS 12'' RGB AppleColor monitor to
either LC or IIsi? I heard that some third-party cable was coming out to connect
LC with some VGA monitors. Any info on that? Thanks in advance.

Bilal A. Bhutta
 Nuclear Engineering Dept.                      ---> bhuttam@woods.ulowell.edu
 University of Lowell, MA                       -->  bhuttam@spruce.ulowell.edu

gaynor@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Jim Gaynor) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar1.102348.1@woods.ulowell.edu> bhuttam@woods.ulowell.edu (Muhammad Bilal A. Bhutta aka The Nukeman) writes:

> Is there any way to connect an Apple IIGS 12'' RGB AppleColor
> monitor to either LC or IIsi? I heard that some third-party cable was
> coming out to connect LC with some VGA monitors. Any info on that?

	Connect a Apple IIgs 12" RGB AppleColor monitor to an LC or
IIsi?  No, it can't be done.

	As for the LC, it will support some (not all) VGA monitors.
The exact pinout required was printed in a MacWEEK about 3 or 4 weeks
ago.  I still haven't seen any commercial cables offered (yet).

--
 Jim Gaynor - Systems Analyst 1        + "This is Serious.  He is Lost.
 The Ohio State University ACS-FM-OCES |  We must begin the Search at once."