[comp.sys.mac.hardware] EtherTalk router

wbs@lll-crg.llnl.gov (Bill Schaefer) (03/06/91)

Does anyone know of an ethernet device that supports AppleTalk zones?  I'm
trying to connect all my Macs via ethernet but don't want to overload my
backbone.  Farallon's Liaison will do it in software, but I would prefer
a hardware solution.

Thanks,
Bill Schaefer
internet:  wbs@lll-crg.llnl.gov
AppleLink: D7181

drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu (David Gutierrez) (03/07/91)

In article <92568@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> wbs@lll-crg.llnl.gov (Bill
Schaefer) writes:
> Does anyone know of an ethernet device that supports AppleTalk zones?
I'm
> trying to connect all my Macs via ethernet but don't want to overload my
> backbone.  Farallon's Liaison will do it in software, but I would prefer
> a hardware solution.

Any AppleTalk router that supports Phase 2 will do the trick for you. We
use a FastPath 4 in my department, although some other departments around
here use Apple's Internet Router.

David Gutierrez
drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu

"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard