[comp.sys.mac.hardware] MAC monitor as a TV

cwong@wiley.uucp (Chun Wong) (03/04/91)

I have a MAC IIcx with a 16 color RGB monitor.  Does anyone know of a quick
and simple way to hook up a VCR to that monitor for viewing video tapes?
If so, what would I need and about how much will it cost me?

klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Steve Klingsporn) (03/07/91)

In article <27D180BD.66E7@wilbur.coyote.trw.com> cwong@wiley.UUCP (C. Wong) writes:
>I have a MAC IIcx with a 16 color RGB monitor.  Does anyone know of a quick
>and simple way to hook up a VCR to that monitor for viewing video tapes?
>If so, what would I need and about how much will it cost me?

A 16 color RGB Monitor?  My that sucks.  I think you mean you have a
video card that's limited to displaying 4 bits of video information.

:)

Which monitor [AppleColor Hi-Res RGB?] are you using?
There are several "thru the Mac" solutions that work -- you can plop
a NuBus card into your mac and move around a color image on-screen,
yet it will most likely look like crap in 4-bit mode.  Get a video
card upgrade.  As for a direct connection, you'd need some sort of
tuner -- don't know if there are any out there -- hell, make one. :)

Steve Klingsporn