[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Quantum's address??

jan3@po.CWRU.Edu (James A. Nauer) (03/08/91)

The title pretty much says it...

I have I client who has a Mac IIx with the Apple/Quantum 80 MB internal hard
disk.  Last summer, the HD croaked; it was about 1 year old, so the Apple
warranty was history, and the dealer wanted $1200 to replace it.  I replaced
it myself with an identical Quantum 80 from APS or Club Mac (I don't remember
which--I've had excellent luck dealing with both).

Since then, I've found out that in some cases, Quantum will honor their
orginal 2-year warranty.  Does anyone out there have an address/phone number
where I can contact Quantum?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe,
  --Jim

--
Jim Nauer (jan3@po.cwru.edu) | "We apologize for the inconvenience."
Microcomputer Lab Supervisor |   --God's final message to His creation,

steph@kona.cs.ucla.edu (Stephen Sakamoto) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Mar7.231052.25313@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> jan3@po.CWRU.Edu (James A. Nauer) writes:

>The title pretty much says it...
>
>I have I client who has a Mac IIx with the Apple/Quantum 80 MB internal hard
>disk.  Last summer, the HD croaked; it was about 1 year old, so the Apple
>warranty was history, and the dealer wanted $1200 to replace it.  I replaced
>it myself with an identical Quantum 80 from APS or Club Mac (I don't remember
>which--I've had excellent luck dealing with both).
>
>Since then, I've found out that in some cases, Quantum will honor their
>orginal 2-year warranty.  Does anyone out there have an address/phone number
>where I can contact Quantum?
>
>aTdHvAaNnKcSe,
>  --Jim
>
>--
>Jim Nauer (jan3@po.cwru.edu) | "We apologize for the inconvenience."
>Microcomputer Lab Supervisor |   --God's final message to His creation,
>CWRU                         |     in _So Long, And Thanks for All the Fish_
>(216) 368-6227               |        -- Douglas Adams

Here is a phone number for Quantum:

(408) 432-1100

Good luck though, the last time I talked to Quantum they told me that they
couldn't touch any of there drives sold by Apple. In other words you only
get the Apple warranty and any repairs must be done by Apple. They can tell
by the serial number who the drive was sold to.

Stephen Sakamoto
UCLA Computer Science Department
(213) 825-2145
--