[comp.sys.mac.hardware] SID II

hammersslammers1@oxy.edu (David J. Harr) (08/12/90)

Is the SID II unot still for sale from the gentleman who built the kit? I
find that I am in need of a stereo recording capable unit, and of course, I
wiped out all references to the big sale. If someone could give me a pointer
to an e-mail address for this gentleman, I would be suitably grateful.

Thanks much,

David

zinder2500@engin.umich.edu (Michael Robert Attan) (03/12/91)

Does anyone know if CEDAR technologies (maker of the Sound Input Device II)
is still in business?  I'm trying to buy the board for a SIDII, but there's
no phone number on the order form, and I don't want to send a check if there
out of business.
Please reply to:      zinder2500@aal.itd.umich.edu

mikec@allspice.lcs.mit.edu (Mike Ciholas) (03/12/91)

In article <1991Mar12.060428.21940@engin.umich.edu> zinder2500@engin.umich.edu (Michael Robert Attan) writes:
>Does anyone know if CEDAR technologies (maker of the Sound Input Device II)
>is still in business?  I'm trying to buy the board for a SIDII, but there's
>no phone number on the order form, and I don't want to send a check if there
>out of business.
>Please reply to:      zinder2500@aal.itd.umich.edu

Hi!  We're still here!  We have been doing so well (600 sold to date)
on word of mouth orders that we haven't been very visible otherwise.

We don't sell the SID-II anymore, we have an improved version called
the CSD (CEDAR Sound Digitizer).  The circuitry is now substantially
more robust and more accurate.  The primary new feature is
autoleveling (automatic volume control) which can be disabled for
manual control.  We don't sell just boards anymore, the CSD has some
rare parts (like a custom crystal) so it would be hard for you to
buy the parts individually (besides, the parts will cost you as much
as the kit).

For those who don't know, the CSD is compatible with Farallon's
MacRecorder.  It uses the same hardware interface so any program that
can use the MacRecorder can use the CSD.  The CSD is better than the
MacRecorder in that is has a better filter and has autoleveling.  We sell
it only in kit form.  The CSD can record from its built in microphone,
an external microphone, or a line level source (tape deck, for
example).  It requires no batteries or power supply (neat trick, huh?).

A kit is $45 + $4 shipping and handling (no sales tax in NH).
Instructions (which include schematics) are $1 (no S&H charges).  We
guarantee the kit, if you cannot get it to work after assembling it,
we will fix it free or send you a new kit.  There is also a money back
guarantee if you receive the kit and then decide (before starting to
assemble it) that you don't want it. The kit requires the use
of an Imagewriter II to Mac (din8) cable, we will sell you one for $8
(no S&H if ordered with kit).  There is also a disk of somewhat useful
sound stuff (PD and shareware) for $5 (no S&H if ordered with kit).

You can mail orders to:

	CEDAR Technologies
	P.O. Box 224
	Dublin, NH 03444

Personal checks are okay.  If you have any questions or need more info
for foreign orders or such, please email me.  I can send you more
detailed info (I don't want to waste anymore net BW here).

Mike Ciholas
mikec@lcs.mit.edu