[comp.sys.mac.hardware] SCSI Tape Drives

andrewtn@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Trevor Andrews) (03/12/91)

I am looking for information on a good SCSI tape stream.
Can anyone suggest one and could anyone give me good or bad
opinions on the following tape drives.

Archive 2060F  150MB   90KB/sec
Siemens  ?     150MB  5.4MB/min
Teac     ?     150MB  5.4MB/min

Any information on these drive as well as any suggestions of a
good tape drive and company to talk to would help.

    Thanks

      Matt

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (03/13/91)

In article <7662@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> andrewtn@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Trevor Andrews) writes:

>I am looking for information on a good SCSI tape stream.
>Can anyone suggest one and could anyone give me good or bad
>opinions on the following tape drives.
>
>Archive 2060F  150MB   90KB/sec
>Siemens  ?     150MB  5.4MB/min
>Teac     ?     150MB  5.4MB/min
>

>Any information on these drive as well as any suggestions of a
>good tape drive and company to talk to would help.
>
>  Thanks
>
>    Matt

I just bought a Teac 150MB tape drive from Relax technologies for
$499.  For $79 more, they sold me a copy of Retrospect.  I have been
very happy with both (for the 1 week I've owned them).

jas
Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu                    	| University of Southern California

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) (03/14/91)

I did more or less the same thing as Jeff Sullivan, except with the
Ruby Stardrive 150 TX (also a TEAC) and have had similar good results.

Ian Chai
chai@cs.ukans.edu
2fntnougat@ukanvax.bitnet