[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Can't interrupt

rdw89@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Williams RD) (03/07/91)

In <16741@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM> dave@PRC.Unisys.COM (David Lee Matuszek) writes:

>I have a MacIIsi with MacsBug installed.  MacsBug appears to work:  I
>see it about one an hour :-(.  However, I cannot seem to force an
>interrupt to occur.  Control-clover-power forces a reboot just fine,
>but the similar magic-key sequence (I forget just what it
>is--Control-power, maybe?) does nothing.  I've tried every other
>similar sequence I can think of:  nothing.

Command-Power is the sequence to use.
MacsBug 6.2 is the first version to work with the Si, I'm told.

mrx@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Murphy) (03/16/91)

In article <16741@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM> dave@PRC.Unisys.COM (David Lee Matuszek) writes:
>I have a MacIIsi with MacsBug installed.  MacsBug appears to work:  I
>see it about one an hour :-(.  However, I cannot seem to force an
>interrupt to occur.  Control-clover-power forces a reboot just fine,
>but the similar magic-key sequence (I forget just what it
>is--Control-power, maybe?) does nothing.  I've tried every other
>similar sequence I can think of:  nothing.

   Well I am running MacsBug v6.2b3 with no problems on my IIsi.  To force an
interrupt I simply hit Command-Power (clover-power as you put it) and boom...
I'm into MacsBug!  Give it a sec if it doesn't respond.  If I remember right,
an older version of MacsBug didn't work for me either.

--
| Real Life: Mark F. Murphy         | What kinda beer do you like?           |