[comp.sys.mac.hardware] IIsi and ImageWriter One

dl1@ukc.ac.uk (D.Langford) (03/18/91)

I'm almost ashamed to ask this... I've been using my old Plus and the
new IIsi together (phonenet'd) but 'cos the modem needed the modem port
on the IIsi and AppleTalk was on the printer port, in order to print I
moved a file over to the Plus, and printed on my even older ImageWriter I
from there. It worked just fine, although had I needed to print more often
it could have got tedious.

I now /do/ need to print often, and as an ImageWriter I can't be shared
(can it?) I disconnected the two Macs, and gave the IIsi the ImageWriter 1
(and the modem), leaving the Plus isolated.

HOWEVER - the IIsi now keeps falling over: the oh-jeez-not-again 'processor
not present' error. I took out SuperSpool, thinking it might be that; but
no dice....

Please, O net gurus - can an ImageWriter 1 work with a IIsi? Am I missing
something blindingly obvious, or is it sadly time to put the printer out
to grass (don't want to do that; it works beautifully still)....?

Any advice gratefully appreciated!

- duncan

duncan langford   university of kent at canterbury, UK    dl1@ukc.ac.uk

In article <7146@harrier.ukc.ac.uk> dl1@ukc.ac.uk (D.Langford) writes:

>I now /do/ need to print often, and as an ImageWriter I can't be shared
>(can it?)
Nope.

>I disconnected the two Macs, and gave the IIsi the ImageWriter 1
>(and the modem), leaving the Plus isolated.

>HOWEVER - the IIsi now keeps falling over: the oh-jeez-not-again 'processor
>not present' error. I took out SuperSpool, thinking it might be that; but
>no dice....
>
>Please, O net gurus - can an ImageWriter 1 work with a IIsi? Am I missing
>something blindingly obvious, or is it sadly time to put the printer out
>to grass (don't want to do that; it works beautifully still)....?

I can't think of any reason an ImageWriter I would NOT work with a IIsi. It
does, after all, use the same driver as the ImageWriter II.  Have you tried
replacing that driver?
I mine 600 wells, and whaddo I get?  Another day older and deeper in debt!
	--- Saddam Hussein.

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (03/18/91)

From article <7146@harrier.ukc.ac.uk>, by dl1@ukc.ac.uk (D.Langford):
> Please, O net gurus - can an ImageWriter 1 work with a IIsi? Am I missing
> something blindingly obvious, or is it sadly time to put the printer out
> to grass (don't want to do that; it works beautifully still)....?

My IIsi works just fine with my IM 1.

--
Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu