[comp.sys.mac.hardware] 2.4 and 2.88M drives

daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) (03/20/91)

In article <27E53FFD.17510@orion.oac.uci.edu> eaeu137@orion.oac.uci.edu (Andrew Theodore Laurence) writes:
>   Rapport with Drive 2.4 enables you to read, write *and* format all Apple
>and IBM 3.5" standards on low and high density media.  Not only do you get all
>the formats that are provided with Apple's new SuperDrive, you can also format
>2.4Mb on high density disks.

How do they pull this off? I've always wondered how one puts 2.4 or
2.88 megs on a disk that claims to be 2.0 megs unformatted. Can anyone
explain this to me??

Thanks!

--
David Huang                              |   "Calzoni Pizza:
Internet: daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu       |       Delivery in six