[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Deskwriter Ink refillers

jacobson@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (R J Jacobson) (03/13/91)

Just noticed in the Global computer supplies catalog that there is now
one company making/selling cartridge refill kits for the HP Deskwriter
Inkject printers. The kits are twin packs and basically do give you two
refills for the typical local price of one new Deskwriter cartridge. And
what really interested me was that they sell one that has indelible
black ink, so now this ink is available. What I am curious is has anyone
seen these refill kits anywhere else than Global. I hope they spread so
that perhaps Macwarehouse, Maconnection will get them. Their stuff is
a little cheaper than Global, so I would expect their price to be a little
less than the $20 per twin pack of indelible ink that Global wants for
this ($18.95 ea for an order of 5-8 twin packs). The company making them
is Graphic Utilities.

I would appreciate email on any other places these kits can be ordered
from and the price you have seen, but you may want to post this info here
also for those who are interested in refilling their deskwriter cartridges.
I know it is not as cheap as the syringe method, but I want the indelible
ink and at the moment do not know that you can buy the ink in bulk yet.

BITNET  jacobson@uiucux1
ARPANET jacobson%uiucux1@a.cs.uiuc.edu
CSNET   jacobson%uiucux1@uiuc.csnet
USENET  [ihnp4,pur-ee,convex]uiucdcs!uiucuxc!uiucux1!jacobson

Russ Jacobson
Illinois Geological Survey
Champaign, IL 61820
217-244-2425

cycy@isl1.ri.cmu.edu (Cowboy) (03/21/91)

In article <1991Mar13.155724.393@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, jacobson@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (R J Jacobson) writes:

> Just noticed in the Global computer supplies catalog that there is now
> one company making/selling cartridge refill kits for the HP Deskwriter
> that perhaps Macwarehouse, Maconnection will get them. Their stuff is
> a little cheaper than Global, so I would expect their price to be a little
> less than the $20 per twin pack of indelible ink that Global wants for

You can get these from Pacific Toner Service, also. They have an ad in the
back of MacUser. The inks also come in different colours. The price is about the
same as Global. These refills work well, too! Considering a cartridge costs
about 17 bucks each, these refills are a real bargain anyway!

						-- Chris.
--

                                       -- Chris. (cycy@isl1.ri.cmu.edu)
"People make me pro-nuclear." -- Margarette Smith