[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Next Apple Computer based on Acorn RISC Processor?

breidenb@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Oliver Breidenbach) (03/21/91)

hi there
fact: Acorn and Apple formed a joint-fenture called ARM Ltd.
They develop a new RISC Chip ARM 600.
Rumour: This will be the future base for new Apple computers. The new family
will be released late this year with a notebook PC.
Any Comments?

Oliver.

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar20.162558.8891@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE>, breidenb@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Oliver Breidenbach) writes:

> hi there
> fact: Acorn and Apple formed a joint-fenture called ARM Ltd.
> They develop a new RISC Chip ARM 600.
> Rumour: This will be the future base for new Apple computers. The new family
> will be released late this year with a notebook PC.
> Any Comments?

When the trade press mentioned this agreement they always talked about
Apple using these processors in peripherals.  This makes sense to me.

-- michael

--  Michael Peirce         --   outpost!peirce@claris.com
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--           & Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554, AppleLink: PEIRCE

delaney@xn.ll.mit.edu (John R. Delaney) (03/22/91)

Please move this sort of speculation to comp.sys.mac.misc and keep all such
speculation there in the future. Let's preserve comp.sys.mac.hardware's
bandwidth for more specific issues.

Thanks in advance,

John (who doesn't subscribe to comp.sys.mac.misc)