[comp.sys.mac.hardware] IIci + E-machine T-16

tchi@sal-sun34.usc.edu (The Answer Company) (04/02/91)

A friend of mine is interested in a IIci but he wants a larger color display
than the Apple 13".  Does the E-machine T-16 connect directly to the IIci or
does it require a video card?  He only wants 8-bit color for now.

Also, does anyone know when QMS will come out with Revision 8 ROMS for the
PS-410?  The tech guy told me they will contact me when it's out and I had
to put my name on a list.  Has anyone got a ROM revision from QMS -- do I
have to send the printer back or are these user-serviceable?

Thanks.

Tony Chi
tchi@usc.edu

drg@mdaali.mda.uth.tmc.edu (David Gutierrez) (04/03/91)

In article <16302@chaph.usc.edu> tchi@sal-sun34.usc.edu (The Answer
Company) writes:
> Also, does anyone know when QMS will come out with Revision 8 ROMS for
the
> PS-410?  The tech guy told me they will contact me when it's out and I
had
> to put my name on a list.  Has anyone got a ROM revision from QMS -- do I
> have to send the printer back or are these user-serviceable?

We had to upgrade the crappy version 1 ROMs in our PS-410 to version 7.
QMS was great; they offered to ship me a new printer with the version 7
ROMs. When I received it, I was to put my version 1 printer in the same
box and send it back. Too bad I couldn't do it that way - the Great State
of Texas insisted that I fill out a bunch of paperwork and wait a month to
get our purchasing department to handle it.

(I shouldn't complain about the delay - I've had some vendors (Shiva and
Jasmine) completely lose products I sent back for repair/exchange. Only
the paper trail forced them to cough up the missing products.)

David Gutierrez
drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu

"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard