[comp.sys.mac.hardware] HEPP prices...

v564huce@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Allen Hsu) (04/08/91)

Hey all!
	Here's my two cents worth.  The SUNY At Buffalo price for the
StyleWriter is $369.00 and the LaserWriter LS is $810.00.  Add 1% to this price
for an admin fee.  BTW, the HEPP price is basically the cost of the
bookstore/computer store.  Many departments bypass these stores and send
purchase requisitions out to Apple or IBM.  This costs less but they have to
navigate the slow bureaucracy.  Also, the HEPP is *supposed* to be confidential
;-).

				remember, duck and cover!

					Allen Hsu

hermens@ted.cs.uidaho.edu (04/08/91)

  University of Idaho just signed on with Apple...finally...

     StyleWriter with cable   $364.00
     Ink Cartridge              17.00
     Personal LaserWriter LS   800.00  (with cable)
     Toner cartridge            71.00

Sales tax is 5.0% in the Gem State.

Leonard

rbrink@hubcap.clemson.edu (Rick Brink) (04/08/91)

From article <1991Apr08.023004.21212@groucho>, by hermens@ted.cs.uidaho.edu:

>   University of Idaho just signed on with Apple...finally...
>
>      StyleWriter with cable   $364.00
>      Ink Cartridge              17.00
>      Personal LaserWriter LS   800.00  (with cable)
>      Toner cartridge            71.00
>
> Sales tax is 5.0% in the Gem State.
>>	Here's my two cents worth.  The SUNY At Buffalo price for the
>>StyleWriter is $369.00 and the LaserWriter LS is $810.00.  Add 1% to this price
>>for an admin fee.  BTW, the HEPP price is basically the cost of the
>>bookstore/computer store.  Many departments bypass these stores and send
>>purchase requisitions out to Apple or IBM.  This costs less but they have to
>>navigate the slow bureaucracy.  Also, the HEPP is *supposed* to be confidential
I keep telling our computer center there price is high.  The StyleWriter is $395
here at Clemson.  The Personal LaserWriter LS is $815.  I'd like to know if the
price of SE/30 w 1meg & 40HD's droped other places when apple droped the price.
Our center did not drop the price of the 1meg box, but did drop the price of
the 4/40HD box.  The 1/40HD IS $2295 and the 4/80HD is $2595.

luigi@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (John L Luigi Giasi) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr8.155817.668@hubcap.clemson.edu> rbrink@hubcap.clemson.edu (Rick Brink) writes:
>here at Clemson.  The Personal LaserWriter LS is $815.  I'd like to know if the
>price of SE/30 w 1meg & 40HD's droped other places when apple droped the price.
>Our center did not drop the price of the 1meg box, but did drop the price of
>the 4/40HD box.  The 1/40HD IS $2295 and the 4/80HD is $2595.
 RPI did not, explanation was that apple dropped the price on the small SE/30
configuration on OCT 15 (new macs out date) for the Universities to create
a smoother cost line from the classic to the new macs. Check Clemson's
pricing in the fall, I bet you will find the same is true
there.

Luigi Giasi, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
luigi@rpi.edu