[comp.sys.mac.hardware] the LC, system 7

rs54@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Richard Sucgang) (04/03/91)

While we're on the topic of System 7 running on the LC,
Mac's Place has announced an '030 accelerator board, and an
'040!  Any experience with these?  Success with virtual
memory?

Also, is that system 7 that is archived in sumex-aim?
:-)

-rich
Richard Sucgang : Dept. of Anatomy and Cell Biology
Columbia University (sucgang@cuhhca.hhmi.columbia.edu;
de slime god         rs54@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu)

Steve Heckler (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr3.131921.29095@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>
rs54@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Richard Sucgang) writes:
>While we're on the topic of System 7 running on the LC,
>Mac's Place has announced an '030 accelerator board, and an
>'040!  Any experience with these?  Success with virtual
>memory?
>
>Also, is that system 7 that is archived in sumex-aim?
>:-)
>
>-rich
>Richard Sucgang : Dept. of Anatomy and Cell Biology
>Columbia University (sucgang@cuhhca.hhmi.columbia.edu;
>de slime god         rs54@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu)

Please make your replies public.  Thanks!

																								Steve Heckler

nick@cs.edinburgh.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr3.131921.29095@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, rs54@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Richard Sucgang) writes:
> Also, is that system 7 that is archived in sumex-aim?

Yup. I downloaded it at the weekend and installed it on my SE/30 last night.
It's really good. Still have to try out the MIDI Manager stuff, though.

--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
                nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcsun!ukc!lfcs!nick