[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Where do I get a Jasmine Drive repaired?

sandro@lhc.nlm.nih.gov (Michael D'Alessandro) (04/04/91)

My faithful Jasmine DirectDrive 20 broke down yesterday after 2 years of
flawless operation.  Where can I get it repaired?  I remember something
about Jasmine going bankrupt, and then being rescued.  Do they still fix
their hardware - and if so how long does it take?
Also - if they are still around do they have the same phone numbers as before?

I also seem to remember some other company offering to repair Jasmine drives -
can anyone put me in contact with them?

Thanks!
--
Michael D'Alessandro, M.D.
The Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications

Adam.Frix@p18.f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (04/12/91)

sandro@lhc.nlm.nih.gov (Michael D'Alessandro) writes to All:

MD> My faithful Jasmine DirectDrive 20 broke down yesterday after
MD> 2 years of flawless operation. Where can I get it repaired? I
MD> remember something about Jasmine going bankrupt, and then being
MD> rescued. Do they still fix their hardware - and if so how long
MD> does it take? Also - if they are still around do they have the
MD> same phone numbers as before?
MD> I also seem to remember some other company offering to repair
MD> Jasmine drives - can anyone put me in contact with them?

Don't count on Jasmine fixing the old drive.  The best you'll probably get from them is some discount on a brand new drive.  (Myself, I'm anxious to see their new Clipper drive--size of a deck of cards, an no cords, plugs right into the SCSI port.  Finally, my Plus can be portable.)

The repair company I'm familiar with is Premier Computer Corporation, 1.800.326.3475 or 612.835.2586 (according to the sticker they sent me to put on my drive).

--Adam--

--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!20.18!Adam.Frix