[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Best prices around

rswanson@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Roger Swanson) (04/14/91)

I was wondering if someone who has just done a lot of comparison shopping (or
just knows these types of things!) might help me. I'm considering buying a
IIsi, monitor, and printer through the HEPP here at uiuc, and I was wondering
if these truly are the "best deals" around.

The prices I'm looking at here are:

Mac IIsi CPU 3MB RAM 40HD	$2506
Apple High Res RGB Monitor	$700
Mac IIsi NuBus Adaptor Card	$175
Personal Laser NT		$1669

On top of this are $85 in shipping and fees, and 7.25% tax.

Unfortunately, I'll be graduating in a month, and so I have to decide what
I'm going to do rather quickly. In looking through some past issues of the
various Mac magazines, it seems like I can at least get the CPU cheaper
through some of the various dealers, when taking the fees and tax into account.
Does anyone know of a fairly reputable dealer selling the above items at a
better price, or is my best bet to go with the HEPP? Also, I've seen somewhere
that the IIsi can work with more than the apple monitors without having to buy
a seperate card (which would fill up the only slot!). Is this true? If
so, what are the best monitors out there in this same price range (or hopefully
a little cheaper)? It seems as if most other monitors come standard with
an adjustable stand, which would be nice, if possible.

Any info you can give to help out would be very much appreciated.

(please email if possible)

Thanks,

Roger Swanson

blissmer@expert.cc.purdue.edu (Kevin) (04/14/91)

HEPP is a joke.  By the time you add sales tax, you can always do better
through mail order, and you don't have to hait 4 weeks either.
						Mac And More price
>The prices I'm looking at here are:
>
>Mac IIsi CPU 3MB RAM 40HD	$2506		$2575
>Apple High Res RGB Monitor	$700		$675
>Mac IIsi NuBus Adaptor Card	$175		$199
>Personal Laser NT		$1669		$???

All of these prices include ground shipping and there is no charge for VISA/MC.

Their number is 800-MAC-0052.

>On top of this are $85 in shipping and fees, and 7.25% tax.

I'm not affiliated with Mac & More other than that I am a satisfied customer.