[comp.sys.mac.hardware] FAX'S

Ted.Putnam@f421.n109.z1.Fidonet.Org (Ted Putnam) (04/16/91)

I am new to this world of communicating and I ran across some adds for
these fax programs for my MAC.  They seem to be able to send and
receive fax's sending them directly to my computer.Am I also to assume
that I can't scan in a document to be sent by me,  but rather I must
type it into my computer?  I am perplexed.  I already have a modem and
I seem to be able to do that (sending/rec. data) anyway.  Could someone
fill me in as to what I would be able to do with this?  I would like to
turn my Mac into a fax machine, but 1. is it possible and 2.how wold i
go about doing it?.
                     Thanx-
                         Ted Putnam

 * Origin: Twilight Clone: Macintosh Files - 301-946-8677 (1:109/421)