[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Marathon

giron@husc9.harvard.edu (Luis Giron) (04/17/91)

In article <1991Apr16.103845.46241@vaxb.acs.unt.edu> kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
>I thought I'd post my experience with installing the Gemini board in my Mac
>Plus.
>The difference is incredible.  Anyone who desires speed should consider this.
>It comes with a 68030 with the MMU inside, and it has a slot for a 68882.  The
 ....  Compared to the standard throughput of the
>Plus's SCSI port, it's nothing short of phenominal.

	I have a Mac SE, which I bought in 1988.  Has anyone out there
bought the Marathon 68030 accelerator for the SE?  It's very cheap, but
does it really speed things up considerably?  Is it worth it, or is it
better to get a more advanced accelerator?  Thanks a lot....

Srinivas Gandhi
giron@husc9.harvard.edu