[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Jasmine vs 6.0.7?

esc@ulysses.att.com (E. Steve Crandall) (04/16/91)

I'm having problems getting my new Mac IIsi to communicate with my
old Jasmine 150 Meg HD.  The drive is recognized by the si, but copying
in either directions gives many errors.  Apple's disk repair tools
cause a "system bus error" crash.

I reformatted the Jasmine with the latest software I have from them
(it is very difficult getting their technical folks on the phone) -
namely 1.46.

Does anyone know if 1.46 formats a disk that will be compatible with
6.0.7?  Is there something more recent?

hoping that my disk didn't go South...

Steve Crandall

evan.crandall@att.com

In article <14607@ulysses.att.com> esc@ulysses.att.com (E. Steve Crandall) writes:

>I'm having problems getting my new Mac IIsi to communicate with my
>old Jasmine 150 Meg HD.  The drive is recognized by the si, but copying
>in either directions gives many errors.  Apple's disk repair tools
>cause a "system bus error" crash.
>
>I reformatted the Jasmine with the latest software I have from them
>(it is very difficult getting their technical folks on the phone) -
>namely 1.46.
>
>Does anyone know if 1.46 formats a disk that will be compatible with
>6.0.7?  Is there something more recent?
>
>hoping that my disk didn't go South...

This actually sounds like a SCSI termination problem.  If the drive isn't
terminated, terminate it.  If it is terminated, remove the termination.

If Apple's software recognizes the disk, try using it instead of Jasmine's.