[comp.sys.mac.hardware] System memory usage problem

salter@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (John E Salter) (04/18/91)

We are have a problem with memory usage by the system.  It seems that our
"system"  takes 2485k of memory.  The same system on another mac takes 435k.
The problem is on a Mac IIcx.  Any ideas?  Could this be a hardware problem?

afry@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Alan R. Fry) (04/18/91)

In article <1991Apr18.153347.18654@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> salter@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (John E Salter) writes:

>We are have a problem with memory usage by the system.  It seems that our
>"system"  takes 2485k of memory.  The same system on another mac takes 435k.
>The problem is on a Mac IIcx.  Any ideas?  Could this be a hardware problem?

Try turning off the RAM cache in the control panel.

Alan

	|  Alan R Fry                     |   You know what I hate?    |
	|  afry@uhura.cc.rochester.edu    |   Rhetorical questions     |