[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Maya Computer

kyt@cs.columbia.edu (Kok-Yong Tan) (04/16/91)

Has anyone dealt with Maya Computer before?  Any comments, good or bad?  I'm
interested in getting Syquest cartridges from them, since they seem to have the
lowest prices I've seen so far ($69 each or $64 each for 10 or more).

--
Kok-Yong Tan can be reached at:      | "Labra lege."
InterNet: kyt@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu |	     - George Bush, if he were Caesar

m_herodotus@csc32.enet.dec.com (Mario Herodotus) (04/20/91)

--In article <KYT.91Apr15143656@spruce.cs.columbia.edu>, kyt@cs.columbia.edu (Kok-Yong Tan) writes:
>From: kyt@cs.columbia.edu (Kok-Yong Tan)
>Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware
>Subject: Maya Computer
>Date: 15 Apr 91 20:36:56 GMT
>Sender: news@cs.columbia.edu (The Daily News)
>
>Has anyone dealt with Maya Computer before?  Any comments, good or bad?  I'm
>interested in getting Syquest cartridges from them, since they seem to have the
>lowest prices I've seen so far ($69 each or $64 each for 10 or more).
>
>--
>Kok-Yong Tan can be reached at:      | "Labra lege."
>InterNet: kyt@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu |	     - George Bush, if he were Caesar
>CompuServe: 75046,256                | Everything that can possibly be
>America Online: lallang              | disclaimed is hereby disclaimed.

	I purchased a Mac IIcx, RastorOps Monitor, and a keyboard from Maya.
At the time the sales person told me the monitor would take 2 to 3 weeks
because they were out of stock.  Well I was very surprised when 7 days later
the whole system arrived, monitor and all!  Their price was the best I could
find, and they were very nice.  They send a neat magazine/catalog every few
months too.

Mario

     I can't afford my own opinions, and DEC won't pay for them either.
Mario Herodotus   [ CX03 1/K3 ] |        m_herodotus@coors.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation   |
Customer Support Center         | - or - m_herodotus%coors.dec@decwrl.dec.com
305 Rockrimmon Blvd.            |
Colorado Springs, CO 80919      | - or - ...!decwrl!coors.dec.com!m_herodotus

(800) 525-6570  Ext 25520       | - or - CSC32::M_HERODOTUS
[direct line (719) 592-5520]    |

jacobson@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (R J Jacobson) (04/20/91)

I have purchased two CD ROM disks from them so far and another is now on order.
They have always been quite helpful in my orders. And when  problem occured on
on CD Rom I wanted the salesperson was very dilegent and found out what the
trouble was. I have since placed another order with them on a new CD ROM.
They found out it was not in stock yet, but were able to give me the price
they were going to charge which was decent compared to directly ordering it
from the producer. All in all I have been pleased with dealing with this
company--they are not perfect---but when problems occur they do their best
to work them out. And the prices they offer for many of the items I want are
among the best I have seen.