[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Stylewriter paper

rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Robert Cook) (04/18/91)

I'm thinking of getting a Stylewriter, and need some advice.  I've got
an abundance of Hammermill paper (for xerox and laser printer) and I'm
wondering how AWFULL this will look.   I'm not extrememly picky, and I
could probably buy good paper for important work.  But will this do
for everyday use? Will it look like sh*t?
E'mail would suffice.
oh, and of course, thanks in advance.

Robert Cook (rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu)

wsinkees@wsinfo09.info.win.tue.nl (Kees Huizing) (04/22/91)

rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Robert Cook) writes:

>I'm thinking of getting a Stylewriter, and need some advice.  I've got
>an abundance of Hammermill paper (for xerox and laser printer) and I'm
>wondering how AWFULL this will look.   I'm not extrememly picky, and I
>could probably buy good paper for important work.  But will this do
>for everyday use? Will it look like sh*t?

It will not look awful, but a bit irregular. On our xerox paper the ink also
bleeds, which can give "veins" of several millimeters in length, coming out
of especially larger areas of black (large bold letters, etc.).
What I like about the Stylewriter is the "faster" mode, that prints in 180
dpi. It is great for making corrections, listings etc and because it uses
less ink, it looks ok on xerox paper too. Furthermore, it's cheaper (ink
cost). So I have a pile of cheap xerox paper in my sheet feeder for normal
use and when I make a final version, I throw in some sheets of quality
paper.
--
Kees Huizing - Eindhoven Univ of Techn - Dept Math & Comp Sc - The Netherlands
e-mail: wsinkees@win.tue.nl      Phone: +31-40-474120       Fax: +31-40-436685