[comp.sys.mac.hardware] More questions about the MAC LC

palmer@whistler.sfu.ca (Leigh Palmer) (04/23/91)

I'd like to know about third-party accelerators for the LC.
I have heard that 68040 boards have been made for the LC.
Has someone a reference to such hardware to share?

Is the ROM in the LC crippled in any way with respect to
the ROMs in other Macs, or did Apple give us a break?

rs54@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Richard Sucgang) (04/24/91)

In article <1991Apr22.235339.4128@newsserver.sfu.ca> palmer@whistler.sfu.ca (Leigh Palmer) writes:
>I'd like to know about third-party accelerators for the LC.
>I have heard that 68040 boards have been made for the LC.
>Has someone a reference to such hardware to share?

The accelerator board is probably the Tokamac board.
Read the April issue of MacUser.

>Is the ROM in the LC crippled in any way with respect to
>the ROMs in other Macs, or did Apple give us a break?

I dunno. (grin).

-rich
Richard Sucgang : Dept. of Anatomy and Cell Biology
Columbia University (sucgang@cuhhca.hhmi.columbia.edu;
de slime god         rs54@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu)