[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Possible memory configurations for an LC

che9@quads.uchicago.edu (Giri Cherukuri) (04/24/91)

I have a IIsi and I am going to upgrade to 5 megs, so I will have 4 extra 256K SIMMS. I also know someone with an LC.  The LC currently has 2 meg RAM.  Is it possible to put two of the 256K SIMMS in the remaining slots so that the LC would then have 2.5 meg RAM? Or do I have to put two 1 meg SIMMS in the slot?

Thanks.

--

     --Giri Cherukuri
       che9@midway.uchicago.edu

mlg@cbnews.cb.att.com (mike.goodrich) (04/24/91)

In article <1991Apr23.210303.16907@midway.uchicago.edu> che9@quads.uchicago.edu (Giri Cherukuri) writes:
>I have a IIsi and I am going to upgrade to 5 megs, so I will have 4 extra 256K SIMMS. I also know someone with an LC.  The LC currently has 2 meg RAM.  Is it possible to put two of the 256K SIMMS in the remaining slots so that the LC would then have 2.5 meg RAM? Or do I have to put two 1 meg SIMMS in the slot?
>
>Thanks.
>

>--
>
>     --Giri Cherukuri
>       che9@midway.uchicago.edu

According to the documentation that was included with the Mac LC that I
purchased the LC cannot use 256K SIMMs.  It only can use the 1MB SIMMs in
pairs or 4MB SIMMs in pairs.

			Mike
			mlg@cblph.att.com