[comp.sys.mac.hardware] best accelerator

aire@alessia.dei.unipd.it (Renzo Marcanzin) (04/24/91)

 Hi all,

Some weeks ago I asked informations about accelerator boards for
mac... Now I am looking for someone the tell me wich is the best one!
Please if someone of You have tried some accelerator boards for a mac
plus please email me the name of the best for you.

		Thanx a lot 	aire@alessia.dei.unipd.it

armstrng@cs.dal.ca (Stan Armstrong) (04/25/91)

In article <10660@alessia.dei.unipd.it> aire@alessia.dei.unipd.it (Renzo Marcanzin) writes:

>Some weeks ago I asked informations about accelerator boards for
>mac... Now I am looking for someone the tell me wich is the best one!
>Please if someone of You have tried some accelerator boards for a mac
>plus please email me the name of the best for you.

We have two Novy Quik30 boards running with Pluses. We like them so much
our Comp. Centre has purchased fifteen more to be installed shortly in
an old SE lab.I have tried both the 16Mhz without math chip and the 25Mhz
board with math chip. The latter clocks out at IIci speed. Price performance
can't be beaten, especially if you qualify for educational or quantity
discounts.

--
Stan Armstrong. Religious Studies Dept, Saint Mary's University, Halifax, N.S.
att!clyde!watmath!water!dalcs!armstrng | armstrong@husky1.stmarys.ca