[fa.info-vax] file-ids to path names

info-vax (12/09/82)

>From APARTAN@USC-ECL  Thu Dec  9 08:25:42 1982
To: info-vax@SRI-CSL
Remailed-Date:  9 Dec 1982 0039-PST
Remailed-From: the tty of Geoffrey S. Goodfellow  <Geoff5 at SRI-CSL>
Remailed-To: Info-VAX@SRI-CSL: ;

does anyone know a of a way to translate file-ids (loike the ids that analyze/disk gives you) to complete vaxxx vms path names?
    thanks,
     andrew partan
     technology service corp
     apartan@usc-ecl
-------

info-vax (12/18/82)

>From rice!dbj@lbl-unix  Thu Dec 16 09:02:14 1982
To: lbl-unix!APARTAN@USC-ECL
Cc: lbl-unix!Info-Vax@SRI-CSL
Remailed-Date: 17 Dec 1982 2355-PST
Remailed-From: the tty of Geoffrey S. Goodfellow  <Geoff5 at SRI-CSL>
Remailed-To: Info-VAX@SRI-CSL: ;

After my message asking where the object for LIB$FID_TO_NAME lived
online met with little success, I decided to just write my own routine
to convert a VMS file id and device name into the corresponding file
name.  The subroutine is written in C; if you'd like a copy, let me
know and I'll mail one...

                                        Dave Johnson
                                        Rice University