[comp.sys.mac.hardware] ThinkJet on a Mac?

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (04/24/91)

Can the little ThinkJet that HP
puts out be used by a Macintosh?

IT would need to be a serial ThinkJet.
Would it need a modem cable or an
ImageWriter cable (DCE or DTE)?  Who
makes a driver for it?  Thanks.

--
=       John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Group          =
= e-mail:    ...uunet!motcid!derosaj, motcid!derosaj@uunet.uu.net          =

meric@portia.Stanford.EDU (04/29/91)

In article <6260@crystal9.UUCP> writes:
>Can the little ThinkJet that HP
>puts out be used by a Macintosh?
>
>IT would need to be a serial ThinkJet.
>Would it need a modem cable or an
>ImageWriter cable (DCE or DTE)?  Who
>makes a driver for it?  Thanks.
>
>--
>=       John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Group

Yes you can use ThinkJet with Mac. It is easier and cheaper if
the printer is a serial one. For the driver I use "Printlink
Collection" made by GDT Softworks. You can order from MacConnection,
I think it was something like $59.00. It comes with a serial cable
so you do not have to worry about cabling.
I am quite happy with it and I recommend it.
Hope this helps.

-- Meric
-- meric@leland.stanford.edu