[fa.info-vax] Emacs on Visual 100's

info-vax (12/19/82)

>From rice!milazzo@lbl-unix  Fri Dec 17 03:30:54 1982
To: rice!Chris@LBL-UNIX, rice!Torek@LBL-UNIX,
        <lbl-unix!chris.umcp-cs@UDel-Relay>
Cc: lbl-unix!Info-Vax@SRI-CSL
Remailed-Date: 18 Dec 1982 1809-PST
Remailed-From: the tty of Geoffrey S. Goodfellow  <Geoff5 at SRI-CSL>
Remailed-To: Info-VAX@SRI-CSL: ;

I would like to warn anyone who tries to use the UNIX Emacs "vt100"
driver with a Visual Tech. Co. Visual 100.  The Visual 100's padding
requirements are within the VT-100 specs, but apparently far greater
than whoever coded the "vt100" driver believes.  If you change the
padding to match DEC's specifications, all is well.  I would be glad to
supply the details to anyone who is interested.

Incidentally, we use the termcap driver for the Gigi.  Your Gigi driver
sounds interesting.  What does it do?

				Paul Milazzo
				Rice University